As you all may already know, I am a huge fan of the “Happier with Gretchen Rubin” podcast. She is where I first heard the idea for a yearly list of things to accomplish.
One of her listeners mentioned that she was going to do a check-up on her list every months on the 23rd, since it’s a “23 in 23” list. I thought that was a great idea, so I wrote it on my calendar on the 23rd for each month.
So, here is the January update. The ones with strike-throughs are the ones I’ve accomplished. I’ve made notes by some of the others.
Word of the year necklace.I had this on my list this year, but never did it. I’ve actually already ordered one from Etsy. It’s two-sided. One side will have the word “Open” and the other side will have the word “Joy”. Excited to see how it turns out. Got my necklace and love it!
- Figure out how to put my writings about Tom into a book format. Working on it, have been gathering all of my writing into one folder on the computer.
- Make sure I have saved all my posts from the old blog. Working on it
Save Caring Bridge journal entriesCompleted on 1-16-23
- Gather up all my writing about Tom into one folder on the computer. Think I’ve finished this, although I may come across some more to add.
- Create twelve new classes for work.
- Let’s get Digital
- Go through boxes of pictures (maybe if I put it on the list enough years, I will actually get it done lol)
- Go through digital pictures (again…maybe if I put it on my list enough years?)
- Go visit Tasha in Texas
- Go to Las Vegas
- Post daily on website. I have been doing this every day.
- Get new living room furniture (repeat from last year)
- Move my body each day. I’ve done this every day, even this last week when I didn’t feel well.
- Go outside 23 in 23. I’ve been outside each day. Last week when I wasn’t feeling well, there were a couple of days that I didn’t get the entire time, but I’m counting it. I’m thinking of changing it to “go outside each day”.
- Read each day. Yep, this is my favorite lol
- Visit 23 new places (or places I haven’t visited in a long time-part of being open to new things)
- Read/listen to one non-fiction book per month and write about them on the website
- Present over Perfect (January)
- Get the painting of Tom framed
- Clean/organize old office
- Have grandkids visit at least once
- Have a day or weekend with each grandchild individually
- Go through totes upstairs
- Post recorded readings of some of my poems on TikTok