January 24 in 24 update:
Category: Self Care
- Write 24 (2-4 minutes minimum) a day. Pretty much anything counts, but my main focus is going to be on working on a book of my poems. I’d say I have done fairly well at doing this. I have missed some days, but for the most part, I’ve written every day.
- Post on blog every day. I’ve missed some weekends, but have posted most weekdays.
- Move my body each day. This helps me so much with feeling better both physically and mentally. Eh, not so hot on this one.
- Daily devotional, prayer journal, one sentence journal. I am starting Year 4 of my 5 Year One-sentence journal. It’s been interesting to look back to the previous years to see what I wrote. I have done this every day.
- Get a massage at least once this year
- Read everyday. Anything counts, audiobooks, real books, fiction, non-fiction. I have missed some, but have read most days.
- Eat two servings fruits and two servings of vegetables each day. Working on it.
- Make a daily checklist for self-care. Made my printable checklist yesterday and am already using it today. Been using my checklist.
- Check and record morning blood sugar in FitBit app. I’ve checked my blood sugar every day.
- Drink at least 64 oz of water each day. Most days
- Clean out old office Not yet
- Get a new bench or chairs for front porch. No
- Clean/organize desk and work area. Not yet
- Figure out how to use empty shelves in living room (decorate? Books?). No
- Go through totes of old clothes upstairs. No
- Go to Texas to visit Tasha
- Visit Cary’s sons in Missouri
- Spend time with kids and grandkids
- Get painting of Tom framed. Cary took the painting to Hobby Lobby and had it framed for me.
- Plan a special trip with Cary
- Have picture made together with Cary
- Have a special date with Cary at least once a month
- Poetry book-organize poems into book. Working on it.
- Make a sign with Word of the Year on it-Finished this yesterday. Going to print it and hang it up in a couple of places where I can see it. I’ll post a picture of it soon. Done.