Happy New Year 2024 everyone!
My Word of the Year for this year is Purposeful. I want to be purposeful in all areas of my life, mentally, physically, spiritually, and in my relationships.
In that vein, I focused my 24 in 24 list on being purposeful in these things.
First up is the category of self-care. I have a list of 8 things that I will strive to do daily and check them off a checklist each day.
Category: Self Care
- Write 24 (2-4 minutes minimum) a day. Pretty much anything counts, but my main focus is going to be on working on a book of my poems.
- Post on blog every day
- Move my body each day. This helps me so much with feeling better both physically and mentally.
- Daily devotional, prayer journal, one sentence journal. I am starting Year 4 of my 5 Year One-sentence journal. It’s been interesting to look back to the previous years to see what I wrote.
- Get a massage at least once this year
- Read everyday. Anything counts, audiobooks, real books, fiction, non-fiction.
- Eat two servings fruits and two servings of vegetables each day
- Make a daily checklist for self-care. Made my printable checklist yesterday and am already using it today.
- Check and record morning blood sugar in FitBit app
- Drink at least 64 oz of water each day
- Clean out old office
- Get a new bench or chairs for front porch
- Clean/organize desk and work area
- Figure out how to use empty shelves in living room (decorate? Books?)
- Go through totes of old clothes upstairs
- Go to Texas to visit Tasha
- Visit Cary’s sons in Missouri
- Spend time with kids and grandkids
- Get painting of Tom framed
- Plan a special trip with Cary
- Have picture made together with Cary
- Have a special date with Cary at least once a month
- Poetry book-organize poems into book
- Make a sign with Word of the Year on it-Finished this yesterday. Going to print it and hang it up in a couple of places where I can see it. I’ll post a picture of it soon.